New webinar: Closing the Gaps—Your Calendar

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
We've scheduled a new webinar for March, about closing the gaps in your system, specifically around your calendar. This webinar will support you in closing any gaps in your calendar, including looking at the three things (and only three things!) that belong on your calendar, assessing how you are spending your time in relation to the Threefold Nature of Work model, and doing a thorough review of your calendar backward and forward.

March 13, 2019 9:00AM–10:00AM PST

You'll find the registration link in the webinars panel on the right side of most GTD Connect pages.

Geeko

GTD since 2017
Sounds really interesting :)
But first I have to translate the time into CET or UTC since I have some other appointments that evening. Maybe I will have to leave early.
But I am looking forward to it and if I can make it possible, I will join :)

Cheers,
Tristan

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
We've scheduled a new webinar for March, about closing the gaps in your system, specifically around your calendar. This webinar will support you in closing any gaps in your calendar, including looking at the three things (and only three things!) that belong on your calendar, assessing how you are spending your time in relation to the Threefold Nature of Work model, and doing a thorough review of your calendar backward and forward.

March 13, 2019 9:00AM–10:00AM PST

You'll find the registration link in the webinars panel on the right side of most GTD Connect pages.
I certainly hope the concept of time blocking is brought up. It is powerful and a good thing to do to block time on your calendar for deep, focused work. This is different than using your calendar as a to-do list. I know Meg Edwards has said many times that if you have a lot of meetings and you have some actions that will take an hour or more to do, it is reasonable to block time for those on your calendar. So...there are more than three things that can go on your calendar within a good GTD practice.

Longstreet

Sorry, John. Not at all trying to be obstinate. Just trying to stimulate discussion is all. You know I think you are the best!

Longstreet

Hi @Longstreet. I look at considering time blocking (or not) as part of Threefold Nature of Work model. So yes, I will be touching on it!
Wonderful! I DO use time blocking sparingly. It really is only to protect my time for the Threefold Nature of work. Meetings show up on my calendar all over the place and quite frequently if I don't. :D:D

TesTeq

Registered
Wonderful! I DO use time blocking sparingly. It really is only to protect my time for the Threefold Nature of work. Meetings show up on my calendar all over the place and quite frequently if I don't. :D:D
IMHO time-blocking is just yet another kind of meeting. It is a meeting with a project. So no new concepts are necessary in GTD. @kelstarrising

Geeko

GTD since 2017
Too bad, I could not make it to attend :( I got tangled up in some unplanned work that took all day to get done.
I am looking forward to listen to the recording.

Cheers,
Tristan

ERJ1

Jedi Master
Any potential for some weekend webinars? I won't be able to hit any up til Spring or Summer break otherwise.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Any potential for some weekend webinars? I won't be able to hit any up til Spring or Summer break otherwise.
Kelstarrising and I are having a little after-dinner chat about scheduling webinars at times other than weekday work hours.

For anyone who would like to say, are there any days of the week you would absolutely NOT attend a live webinar? And don't worry, we're not considering Mondays, because those are hectic (or should I say manic?) for most everyone.

Geeko

GTD since 2017
Kelstarrising and I are having a little after-dinner chat about scheduling webinars at times other than weekday work hours.

For anyone who would like to say, are there any days of the week you would absolutely NOT attend a live webinar? And don't worry, we're not considering Mondays, because those are hectic (or should I say manic?) for most everyone.

For me the webinars are just after-work-appointments at around 17:00 CET (UTC+01:00). The latest possible start time for me would be at 23:00 CEST (UTC+02:00) since we switch to summer time at the end of March.

Cheers,
Tristan

ERJ1

Jedi Master

I would attend anything on weekends and would do my best to make time for things on weekday evenings, say, at or after 6 PM CST.

Mondays and Tuesdays in general don't work for me!

Thanks for taking our feedback.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Thanks to all of you for feedback about webinar times. And we've just posted the recording of Closing the Gaps: Your Calendar.

Video with slides

Audio

Also, during the webinar Kelly mentioned a video of David demonstrating how to handle an interruption. You can find that 4-minute video here.

Last edited: