• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Nirvana is well...Nirvana for me!

I spent much of Friday afternoon transferring my entire GTD system from Evernote to Nirvana. I'm sure anyone who has jumped from one platform to another can agree this is not a move you want to do on a regular basis!

A little background. I've been using Evernote for well over a year...I've been into GTD for well under a year. As I learned more about GTD I was attracted to The Secret Weapon because of my familiarity with Evernote. I added my own slant to what The Secret Weapon suggested but for the most part, I was inline with what they offered.

What I loved about Evernote? A great user interface whether on the desktop platform or mobile devise...specifically for me; iPad and iPhone. (I really like their recent app update.) What I disliked? Projects. Evernote didn't offer me a simple way to create a project.

A friend/co-worker became interested in Nirvana. He is a Droid user as well as PC based. He was getting more and more into Nirvana and he committed to a yearly subscription.

I checked out Nirvana but didn't find the mobile apps that user friendly. I loved the PC desktop version though so I kept looking at the mobile apps. I added a couple of test Projects and Next Actions but struggled with ease of use.

I decided to begin a commitment to Nirvana. I checked out their forums and saw the developers were active in improving the product. They have a committed group of users who are helpful in sharing on the forum. I signed up for a yearly membership.

As I stated at the beginning; on Friday I brought everything into Nirvana and have left Evernote completely empty. Here is what I have found. Nirvana is THE system for me. I mean, why didn't I see this before? The mobile app is very user friendly. I LOVE creating Projects in Nirvana. Each task within the Project can be a Next Action or a Someday and still be within the Project. I am finding more and more cool things about the app.

If you've checked out Nirvana before and are not completely in love with your current platform I would suggest taking another look. I don't think I could create a better system. (Not that I have any ability to...just that if I could create such a thing I feel they have it done perfectly.)

No, I don't work at Nirvana. As I reread this post I feel like this is a commercial! I just wanted to share my excitement for finding a platform that allows me to fully implement GTD in a user friendly system.
 
Top