• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Notes/Lists program to supplement Outlook Add-In

WAR

0
I am currently using Outlook 2007 with the Netcentrics Add-In version 3.0 with my Windows mobile phone.

I am pleased with the syncing of tasks, calendar, and contacts through my company's exchange server.

What I am looking for is a good notes/lists program to supplement this set-up which would allow setting up categories and offer the ability to have check boxes, etc. show up on the mobile device.

The resident notes program in Outlook nor OneNote Mobile does not seem to do the trick. Does anyone have any suggestions on how they are doing this?
 
After watching Kelly's Webinar on Outlook, I became even more convinced that using Notes in Outlook could enhance my system. In addition to Kelly's suggestion to set up categories in Notes, the Netcentrics Add-In Manual has further suggestions on how to use this approach, with some idea starters on categories.

I downloaded a trial of PhatNotes for Outlook to use on my Windows Mobile phone. It allows for synchronization of notes and their categories between the PC / phone.

Thus far, the categories I have set up are:
Horizons
Inspiration
Wishlist
Movies to Rent
Music to Download
Prayer Requests
Favorite Bible Verses

It's nice being able to easily access / update these lists from within Outlook, and having them always with me on my phone is great.

I agree with Kelly though, why Microsoft did not build in some basic formatting options into this section of Outlook is a mystery . . . .
 
Top