Notetaker TriFold vs. Original

jrobinson

Registered
I'm about to purchase a notetaker wallet. Can anyone comment on the pros/cons of the larger Trifold vs. the original?

Would love to hear from anyone that has tried both and what they have found.

Thanks in advance.

sdhill

Registered
I can't directly compare the two but what I can say is buying the new Tri-fold Notetaker allowed me to actually ditch my tri-fold wallet and only carry the one item. It did force me to cut down on what I carry around with me a little but that's no bad thing. I'm very, very happy with the Tri-fold Notetaker.

Simon

TesTeq

Registered
I am a happy user of the bigger, tri-fold, fat one.

Polish car documents are too big to fit into the standard Notetaker Wallet. Now I am a happy user of the bigger, tri-fold, fat one.

fassold

Registered
Both are good; trifold is better.

I have both. (If Davidco makes it, I'm buying it.) The original was nice and small, but I couldn't use it as a wallet -- everything wouldn't fit, no window for the driver's license, etc.). The tri-fold is a wallet first and notepad second. I use the original around the house or when I go for a walk -- anytime I don't need money, ID, etc. The tri-fold is my regular wallet. It's the best of both worlds.

jrobinson

Registered
Notetaker Wallet

Thanks - I pulled the trigger yesterday and went with the Trifold...can't wait to get it.

I appreciate all the feedback.

Fassold - since you seem to get everything from Davidco....can you share some of your favorite purchases/tools? I have some stuff but like you....seem to keep coming back for more.

Cheers

rdgeorge

Registered
The trifold is bulkier, but works well. I have both. The original is great, but it did not handle credit card receipts very well.

As others have said, the tri-fold can become your only wallet, not just your Saturday-in-jeans wallet.

TesTeq

Registered
One caution - pen quality!

There is one significant difference between original and tri-fold Notetaker Wallets that I have - the expandable pen:
- the original Notetaker Wallet is equipped with stylish, high quality, metal Rotring expandable pen;
- the tri-fold Notetaker Wallet is equipped with much lower quality, plastic expandable pen with David Allen and Mind Like Water logos.

fassold

Registered
GTD Gear

Fassold - since you seem to get everything from Davidco....can you share some of your favorite purchases/tools? I have some stuff but like you....seem to keep coming back for more.

Hi, jrobinson. Let's see. The plastic folders are in my briefcase wherever I go, as are the laminated templates. My ipod is full of podcasts, courtesy of Connect, along with the audiobooks of GTD, Ready for Anything, and the new Weekly Review discs. I like the looks of the Tickler Files, but won't get them because we have a terrific docketing system already at our office. The zip-pouch is a good size -- you get one free at the Mastering Workflow seminars. The Outlook whitepaper has been my bible for setting up NA lists. I haven't sprung for the t-shirts yet, but did get a cap. And I'll probably part with some serious change when the long-awaited Rolls-Royce of Inboxes hits the product list.

Productivity P0rn, to be sure. But I actually use this stuff, and it helps. Everything is high-quality, and well thought out. No knockoffs just to have something to sell, unlike many of the other self-improvement gurus. On the other hand, my UCT is just a simple, elegant Moleskine.

Bottom line: if it looks cool to you, and you think you can use it, you'll probably love it.

J

Jimhardie74

I am looking to buy one of the old trifold wallets though unfortunately they have been discontinued and are no longer sold. I'd really like to buy one. I am curious, if anyone has a trifold note-taker wallet that is in good condition please get in touch with me via this forum or PM and I would be happy to work something out with you via paypal in return for the wallet!