• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Notetaker TriFold vs. Original

I'm about to purchase a notetaker wallet. Can anyone comment on the pros/cons of the larger Trifold vs. the original?

Would love to hear from anyone that has tried both and what they have found.

Thanks in advance.
 
I can't directly compare the two but what I can say is buying the new Tri-fold Notetaker allowed me to actually ditch my tri-fold wallet and only carry the one item. It did force me to cut down on what I carry around with me a little but that's no bad thing. I'm very, very happy with the Tri-fold Notetaker.

Simon
 
I am a happy user of the bigger, tri-fold, fat one.

Polish car documents are too big to fit into the standard Notetaker Wallet. Now I am a happy user of the bigger, tri-fold, fat one.
 
Both are good; trifold is better.

I have both. (If Davidco makes it, I'm buying it.) The original was nice and small, but I couldn't use it as a wallet -- everything wouldn't fit, no window for the driver's license, etc.). The tri-fold is a wallet first and notepad second. I use the original around the house or when I go for a walk -- anytime I don't need money, ID, etc. The tri-fold is my regular wallet. It's the best of both worlds.
 
Notetaker Wallet

Thanks - I pulled the trigger yesterday and went with the Trifold...can't wait to get it.

I appreciate all the feedback.

Fassold - since you seem to get everything from Davidco....can you share some of your favorite purchases/tools? I have some stuff but like you....seem to keep coming back for more.

Cheers
 
The trifold is bulkier, but works well. I have both. The original is great, but it did not handle credit card receipts very well.

As others have said, the tri-fold can become your only wallet, not just your Saturday-in-jeans wallet.
 
One caution - pen quality!

There is one significant difference between original and tri-fold Notetaker Wallets that I have - the expandable pen:
- the original Notetaker Wallet is equipped with stylish, high quality, metal Rotring expandable pen;
- the tri-fold Notetaker Wallet is equipped with much lower quality, plastic expandable pen with David Allen and Mind Like Water logos.
 
GTD Gear

Fassold - since you seem to get everything from Davidco....can you share some of your favorite purchases/tools? I have some stuff but like you....seem to keep coming back for more.

Hi, jrobinson. Let's see. The plastic folders are in my briefcase wherever I go, as are the laminated templates. My ipod is full of podcasts, courtesy of Connect, along with the audiobooks of GTD, Ready for Anything, and the new Weekly Review discs. I like the looks of the Tickler Files, but won't get them because we have a terrific docketing system already at our office. The zip-pouch is a good size -- you get one free at the Mastering Workflow seminars. The Outlook whitepaper has been my bible for setting up NA lists. I haven't sprung for the t-shirts yet, but did get a cap. And I'll probably part with some serious change when the long-awaited Rolls-Royce of Inboxes hits the product list.

Productivity P0rn, to be sure. But I actually use this stuff, and it helps. Everything is high-quality, and well thought out. No knockoffs just to have something to sell, unlike many of the other self-improvement gurus. On the other hand, my UCT is just a simple, elegant Moleskine.

Bottom line: if it looks cool to you, and you think you can use it, you'll probably love it.
 
I am looking to buy one of the old trifold wallets though unfortunately they have been discontinued and are no longer sold. I'd really like to buy one. I am curious, if anyone has a trifold note-taker wallet that is in good condition please get in touch with me via this forum or PM and I would be happy to work something out with you via paypal in return for the wallet!
 
Top