Number Next to "Task" Folder

John Ismyname

Registered
Outlook displays the number of unopened/unread items within an email folder. To change them all to unread, open this folder, select all of the message by pressing CTRL+A , right click, and choose "Mark As read".

John Ismyname

Registered
My guess is that your Outlook set-up is SMTP where your email is stored on a server with your ISP. Something is wrong with how this is syncing with the Outlook set-up on your computer. I tried Outlook365 and was having problems with this.

John Ismyname

Registered
Rogers?! You are a Canadian too! How's it going, eh? yes, I'd call their technical support as their is scynroization problem between what their mail servers thinks is un-read and what you have actually read.

i can't really say without seeing the problem. I had tried un-installing and reinstalling Outlook, to no avail :( . i was using GoDaddy, whom I never had a problem with ... until Outlook365. I went back to their plain-SMTP email and this problem (un-read count of email in folders) and other problems disapeared! I know Outlook really well but Outlook365 is too clunky.