• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Number Next to "Task" Folder

Outlook displays the number of unopened/unread items within an email folder. To change them all to unread, open this folder, select all of the message by pressing CTRL+A , right click, and choose "Mark As read".
 
My guess is that your Outlook set-up is SMTP where your email is stored on a server with your ISP. Something is wrong with how this is syncing with the Outlook set-up on your computer. I tried Outlook365 and was having problems with this.
 
Rogers?! You are a Canadian too! How's it going, eh? yes, I'd call their technical support as their is scynroization problem between what their mail servers thinks is un-read and what you have actually read.

i can't really say without seeing the problem. I had tried un-installing and reinstalling Outlook, to no avail :( . i was using GoDaddy, whom I never had a problem with ... until Outlook365. I went back to their plain-SMTP email and this problem (un-read count of email in folders) and other problems disapeared! I know Outlook really well but Outlook365 is too clunky.
 
Top