Off the GTwagon, and under it.

kewms

Registered
madalu;56417 said:
If you want to use multiple electronic devices, then you simply have to discipline yourself and learn how to keep them in sync. I don't mean to be blunt, but if you can't keep your electronic devices in sync, then you shouldn't be using them for GTD. Use paper instead. Or use a single computer and print out daily action lists. Or use a single mobile device.

Yes, exactly!

If your tools are an obstacle, *you've got the wrong tools*. A gleaming package of state-of-the-art electronics is just a paperweight unless it does what you need.

Katherine

U

ubertech

Keep It Simple

For me keeping it simple has been the key to maintaining any type of real productivity. Now I just use Google calendar and a Moleskine planner

GTDWorks

Registered
I am a busy pastor, an administator for 52 churches in six states, a volunteer firefighter, and a husband, dad, and family member. And I manage it all on paper in an A5 Filofax. You really can combine it all into a paper system and find it works very, very well for you!

jrdouce

Registered
ubertech - I couldn't agree more that keeping it simple is the key.

My plans to try and get out from under the GTD wagon are:

Home: Simplify.
Google Calendar for appointments, One last go with Palm for Tasks and Memos, although I may keep @Home tasks on a white board. I like that idea.

I have to choose either Palm or Outlook for Contacts. I don't use Outlook for mail (hate it); I don't like Palm's address book either, but I'll be using Palm for Tasks and Memos already. Gmail isn't complete enough for multiple contact addresses and detail fields.

Get a small notebook/moleskin for capturing data. There is still no substitute for a quick note than paper and pencil. The tactile experience is more satisfying too.

Work:
Keep work is separate. Everything in Outlook. When I work from home, I need to VPN in anyway, so I don't need to "take it with me". I will not sync Palm with my Work PC. That's my home system and it will be simpler if I sync with only 1 source.

Thanks for all the input everyone. This is a great thread.