• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Online Bill Pay service

Use Quicken for online bill payment. Works just fine ... just remember that all bill payment services have a lead time. Really no different than writing a check and posting it.

For Quicken the first time you set a a bill payee the lead time is 6 days. From there it drops to 3 days.

As to your question, who is the firm? I would ask some tough questions particularly if your going to entrust your financial details to a 3rd party.
 
I've paid bills electronically since 1999 when I began a job at CheckFree, the leading service. (The majority of U.S. banks that offer billpay are actually using a rebranded CheckFree service.)

Although I no longer work there, I've stayed with the service. Thousands of on time payments later, I can't fathom ever going back to paper.
 
Yes, too complicated

sailfast01;46678 said:
Has anyone used mvelopes.com for budgeting and bill pay? Your experience? other software used?

I tried mvelopes and found credit card charges and payments unnecessarily complicated, requiring too many steps. The overall concept is fine but implementation is not intuitive for non-accountant people who don't understand double-entry systems.
 
Top