Order of subforums changed?

Oogiem

Registered
Is it just me or did somehoe the order of the subforums change?

It used tobe that the private ones were on top and then the 2 public ones at the bottom. That made it easy for me to prioritize my time as I focus first on the GTD Connect onesa nd hit the public ones as time and inclination permits. It was so ingrained that its in muscle memory to open the top forums first.

Just wondering if others are seeing it and why the change.

ERJ1

Jedi Master
Looks like it.

I for one endorse just merging the Connect forums with the public ones. I understand the need to differentiate Connect as a service, but I think there's little value in splitting a community like this.

Oogiem

Registered
I for one endorse just merging the Connect forums with the public ones.
I REALLY disagree with this. The Connect forums are a place where the entry bar is just enough to weed out the junk more effectively. I absolutely do NOT wantthe private nature of the connect forums to change at all, I think we'd lose the in-depth conversations we have here if it's buried under the dross of the public area.

My only suggestion is to go back to puttin the private forums on top on the list and the public ines at the bottom. If not I can rettrain my fingers, just htat it's been that way for so many years that I have it ingraine din how I work with the forums to participate based on location of the various forums and that's's now all discombobulated.

mcogilvie

Registered
I REALLY disagree with this. The Connect forums are a place where the entry bar is just enough to weed out the junk more effectively. I absolutely do NOT wantthe private nature of the connect forums to change at all, I think we'd lose the in-depth conversations we have here if it's buried under the dross of the public area.

My only suggestion is to go back to puttin the private forums on top on the list and the public ines at the bottom. If not I can rettrain my fingers, just htat it's been that way for so many years that I have it ingraine din how I work with the forums to participate based on location of the various forums and that's's now all discombobulated.
Occasionally I look at Reddit, and am usually struck by how many questions can be answered by googling, or Reading The Fine Manual.

NickLS

Registered

I agree the order should be changed back. If I am short on time I will review the connect forum more.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi All,

We had a fairly minor upgrade to the forum software that scrambled the order. We have restored things to what we hope is a more useful order. It starts with the What's New in GTD Connect forum, followed by the other GTD Connect forums, then the public forums.