Organizing a Paper Planner

MikeC

Registered
Ah....First of all, it is really discipline that is needed, and motivation will follow discipline. If you like what you do, you don’t need motivating. The love of it is enough. Terell Owens didn’t need motivation to get on that football field last night. It was something he WANTED to do.
But, if it’s something you DON’T want to do then you need discipline. Discipline will make you do it, and once you do it enough, then you’ll want to do it.
Put another way, discipline produces motivation, not the other way around. Act your way to better thinking, instead of trying to think your way into right actions...

We need structure and discipline!

M

mlepage

Well I just finished cleaning my fish bowl so I'm Getting Things Done(tm). Yeah Just Do It(tm) that's the ticket.

kglade

Registered
Re: what if you lose your paper planner?

When I was using a paper planner I would once in a while make a photocopy of the important pages. Low-tech back-up.

One time, I dropped my planner into a toilet (don't ask!) and the paper back-up saved the day.

Ken

Mark Jantzen

Registered
kglade said:
One time, I dropped my planner into a toilet

Sorry, but that is hilarious. I've never lost a paper planner and figured there was more of a risk that someone would steal a PDA than a planner. Yes you're backed up, but your wallet also gets a lot lighter.

I didn't factor in ... other events. :shock:

Mark