Other Good Time Management Books?

rdgeorge

Registered
As our Polish friend pointed out, GTD is not about time management per se.

I recommend reading all three David Allen books and concentrate on them. Don't let your focus wander. Your success will not be determined by how many "self help" books to read. Read fewer books but pay closer attention.

Select a general approach and work it as well as you can.

rdgeorge

JohnV474

Registered
GTD, GTD Fast, MIAW

I keep a copy of David Allen's GTD Fast! seminar in my car, as well as the GTD audiobook, and MIAW will be shortly.

I often put one of these in while driving around town or on trips. I have listened to GTD Fast! so many times I could probably lip sync to much of it... and yet I still find new nuggets of insight each time.

JohnV474

SGTM

Registered
I also like Do It Tomorrow by Mark Forster. It is a pretty simple system using a page a day diary. He has written some simple systems called Autofocus which are free on his site.

celia19O5

Registered
:)

Yeah I have finished reading Do It Tomorrow. I guess it is very useful for us to make plan for everything. I like that book and it is surely among my favorite books :)

pghjeff

Registered
Covey's Books

This is my first post on GTD forums. I will post more on my journey to GTD, but I got here by way of all things Franklin Covey. After trying Day Runners in the early 90's, I got introduced to the 7 Habits and then read most of Covey's other works, (Principled Leadership, First Things First, 8th Habit) are not time management books per se, but life management books. They are all about context.

After 15 years of trying to make the ABC/123 list system work, (and always wondering why they didn't) I have to say that if you can impliment the GTD filing system, eliminate all ideas of the dreaded "To Do" list, then Covey's works in particular are excellent.

Just avoid the "To Do"'s and it will all be good.

Spalding

Registered
Working Smart by Michael LeBoeuf

Working Smart by Michael LeBoeuf is a small paperback published in 1982 that I have reread every few years, until Getting Things Done replaced it a few years ago. I can't tell you exactly what's in it, but it reminds me a lot of GTD.

Good thread here. I want to get The Now Habit and others that focus on getting lazy people like me to actually do stuff!

Spalding

Registered
The Myth of Stress

I just started reading this and I like it. It is very similar to GTD, simple and effective. I highly recommend it.

It basically reinforces what we all probably already know, that you alone control how you respond to outside stimuli. He has some nice tools too, mainly a simple worksheet. It reminds me a lot of GTD. I read all of the author's blog entries since he started blogging in July 2010. The author is Andrew Bernstein.

http://themythofstress.com