• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook 2003, Palm ..... maybe a PocketPC?

  • Thread starter Thread starter emp
  • Start date Start date
E

emp

Guest
Hi there.

Having (successfully, :D ) started with GTD a few weeks ago, I switched to Outlook 2003 recently.

All is well, but...

The categories of the ToDo are not exported correctly to my Handspring Visor (Deluxe, Palm Desktop 4.01). Rather, everything new is put under "unfiled". This happens both ways. This means that I have to spend a few moments every day categorizing my new items once I synchronize.

Is there a way to do this? Am I just too dense?

As I am thinking about buying a pocketPC (Dell Axim?), are there any people here who have experiences syncing Outlook2003?

emp
 
If you are syncing outlook to the built in palm apps (that came with your pda) you are limited to 15 outlook categories that will sync with the 15 category limit of your palm .

You might want to look at KeySuite from chapura www.chapura.com they use their own databases in their applications and there's no category limit when syncing. Using keysuite is like having outlook on your palm. If you want email on your palm --you'll have to buy a separate mail application for the the palm as keysuite doesn't handle e-mail.
 
Re: Outlook 2003, Palm ..... maybe a PocketPC?

emp said:
Hi there.
The categories of the ToDo are not exported correctly to my Handspring Visor (Deluxe, Palm Desktop 4.01). Rather, everything new is put under "unfiled". This happens both ways. This means that I have to spend a few moments every day categorizing my new items once I synchronize.

If you are using PocketMirror to sync to Outlook 2003, you may need to change the setup for the task categories. PocketMirror gives you two options for sycning categories: 1) Don't sync the categories so that you can use more than 15 categories on the desktop, and 2) sync the categories, but then you have to limit yourself to 15 categories on the desktop. I expect right now your system is doing #1, but you want it to do #2, so look for PocketMirror settings and change it.

If you want to have more than 15 categories on both the Palm and the Desktop, and have them sync, then you really should go for something like KeySuite.

C
 
Thanks

Thank you all.

:D

If you are using PocketMirror to sync to Outlook 2003, you may need to change the setup for the task categories. PocketMirror gives you two options for sycning categories: 1) Don't sync the categories so that you can use more than 15 categories on the desktop, and 2) sync the categories, but then you have to limit yourself to 15 categories on the desktop. I expect right now your system is doing #1, but you want it to do #2, so look for PocketMirror settings and change it.

I guess that is what it is doing.

More than 15 categories won't be necessary, so this should be alright.
Argh..

:?

:::emp:::
 
Top