Outlook 2003, Palm ..... maybe a PocketPC?

E

emp

Hi there.

Having (successfully, :D ) started with GTD a few weeks ago, I switched to Outlook 2003 recently.

All is well, but...

The categories of the ToDo are not exported correctly to my Handspring Visor (Deluxe, Palm Desktop 4.01). Rather, everything new is put under "unfiled". This happens both ways. This means that I have to spend a few moments every day categorizing my new items once I synchronize.

Is there a way to do this? Am I just too dense?

As I am thinking about buying a pocketPC (Dell Axim?), are there any people here who have experiences syncing Outlook2003?

emp

ext555

Registered
If you are syncing outlook to the built in palm apps (that came with your pda) you are limited to 15 outlook categories that will sync with the 15 category limit of your palm .

You might want to look at KeySuite from chapura www.chapura.com they use their own databases in their applications and there's no category limit when syncing. Using keysuite is like having outlook on your palm. If you want email on your palm --you'll have to buy a separate mail application for the the palm as keysuite doesn't handle e-mail.

C

Cikub

Re: Outlook 2003, Palm ..... maybe a PocketPC?

emp said:
Hi there.
The categories of the ToDo are not exported correctly to my Handspring Visor (Deluxe, Palm Desktop 4.01). Rather, everything new is put under "unfiled". This happens both ways. This means that I have to spend a few moments every day categorizing my new items once I synchronize.

If you are using PocketMirror to sync to Outlook 2003, you may need to change the setup for the task categories. PocketMirror gives you two options for sycning categories: 1) Don't sync the categories so that you can use more than 15 categories on the desktop, and 2) sync the categories, but then you have to limit yourself to 15 categories on the desktop. I expect right now your system is doing #1, but you want it to do #2, so look for PocketMirror settings and change it.

If you want to have more than 15 categories on both the Palm and the Desktop, and have them sync, then you really should go for something like KeySuite.

C

E

emp

Thanks

Thank you all.

:D

If you are using PocketMirror to sync to Outlook 2003, you may need to change the setup for the task categories. PocketMirror gives you two options for sycning categories: 1) Don't sync the categories so that you can use more than 15 categories on the desktop, and 2) sync the categories, but then you have to limit yourself to 15 categories on the desktop. I expect right now your system is doing #1, but you want it to do #2, so look for PocketMirror settings and change it.

I guess that is what it is doing.

More than 15 categories won't be necessary, so this should be alright.
Argh..

:?

:::emp:::