Outlook 2007 tasks - keyboard question

P

paircoaching.net

Hello,

I try to work as mouseless as possible:
- switch to overview of tasks
- use CTRL+E to jump to the search box,
- specify search words + ENTER.
- after viewing the results, I want to quickly jump to the first task in the list of search results.

I currently use TAB (4 times) followed by Arrow Down. Does anyone know a a faster way?

Best regards,

Bernard

MsftMan

Registered
paircoaching.net;53035 said:
Hello,

- after viewing the results, I want to quickly jump to the first task in the list of search results.

I currently use TAB (4 times) followed by Arrow Down. Does anyone know a a faster way?

Best regards,

Bernard

So far I can't find a way to do this without first shifting focus to the target window e.g., "you have to select at least one item via the mouse in the list of Tasks." Then hit the "Home" key.
You are shifting the focus by hitting the Tab key four times.

Hope this helps,

M

mochant

Look at ActiveWords

paircoaching.net;53035 said:
Hello,

Best regards,

Bernard

Bernard:

This is precisely the kind of keyboard sequence ActiveWords is great for scripting (very easy - no programming skills required) and reducing to a somple keystroke or mnemonic. They have a fully featured Outlook Agent that can automate many repetitive tasks in Outlook and turn every contact into a launch pad for actions. Give it a try - they offer a geneorus 60-day trial.

HTH,
Marc