• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook 2007 tasks - keyboard question

  • Thread starter Thread starter paircoaching.net
  • Start date Start date
P

paircoaching.net

Guest
Hello,

I try to work as mouseless as possible:
- switch to overview of tasks
- use CTRL+E to jump to the search box,
- specify search words + ENTER.
- after viewing the results, I want to quickly jump to the first task in the list of search results.

I currently use TAB (4 times) followed by Arrow Down. Does anyone know a a faster way?

Best regards,

Bernard
 
paircoaching.net;53035 said:
Hello,

I try to work as mouseless as possible:
- switch to overview of tasks
- use CTRL+E to jump to the search box,
- specify search words + ENTER.
- after viewing the results, I want to quickly jump to the first task in the list of search results.

I currently use TAB (4 times) followed by Arrow Down. Does anyone know a a faster way?

Best regards,

Bernard

So far I can't find a way to do this without first shifting focus to the target window e.g., "you have to select at least one item via the mouse in the list of Tasks." Then hit the "Home" key.
You are shifting the focus by hitting the Tab key four times.

Hope this helps,
 
Look at ActiveWords

paircoaching.net;53035 said:
Hello,

I try to work as mouseless as possible:
- switch to overview of tasks
- use CTRL+E to jump to the search box,
- specify search words + ENTER.
- after viewing the results, I want to quickly jump to the first task in the list of search results.

I currently use TAB (4 times) followed by Arrow Down. Does anyone know a a faster way?

Best regards,

Bernard

Bernard:

This is precisely the kind of keyboard sequence ActiveWords is great for scripting (very easy - no programming skills required) and reducing to a somple keystroke or mnemonic. They have a fully featured Outlook Agent that can automate many repetitive tasks in Outlook and turn every contact into a launch pad for actions. Give it a try - they offer a geneorus 60-day trial.

HTH,
Marc
 
Top