Outlook 2007 White Paper question - how to change print output for tasks

mdterry

Registered
Does anybody know how I can modify the printout of tasks in outlook 2007 so that I get all my notes in a table view, or waste less paper in memo view?

Details:
I recently purchase the Outlook 2007 white paper.
I set up outlook as described (except for a problem on page 16 where I could not pull up the catagories edit box, directly as described in the white paper)

Now I can not figure out how to do something very critical to using outlook for GTD in my work envirment.

I MUST MUST MUST have printouts of my lists because of our network setup.

My problem. I want to print the tasks in my task list, but I want the notes included -- what good is an @AGENDA without the notes for that conversation?
I seem to have 2 choices:
  1. I can print tasks as a table and only get the first 50-60 characters of the notes, or
  2. I can print memo format, and get one page per @AGENDA item - 15 pages of mostly white space.
I can't seem to create a view or modify an existing printout to print different than a "Table" or "Memo" format. I want a mix. Ideally it would be:
  1. Memo format with only the 4 fields described in the white paper, no extra fields (like % compete etc), a couple extra lines for adding notes and then the next task or
  2. Table format with notes wrapping around to multiple lines if needed.

Anybody know if this is possible, and what I'm going wrong?
Thanks

mdterry

Registered
Follow-up

Also I have tried to play with the page setup and print options but all those seem to do is create smaller pages with harder to read text.

I need printout lists I can work from.

TomW

Registered
Copy/Paste List to Excel

In Outlook, with your task list (with notes) showing:

Shift-Select all the items in the list
Ctrl-C to copy them
Open a new document in Excel
Ctrl-V to paste your list
Size/format as desired
(you will want to select Wrap Text on the cells with the long notes)
Print

mdterry

Registered
Thanks

TomW;92163 said:
In Outlook, with your task list (with notes) showing:

Shift-Select all the items in the list
Ctrl-C to copy them
Open a new document in Excel
Ctrl-V to paste your list
Size/format as desired
(you will want to select Wrap Text on the cells with the long notes)
Print

Thanks.

I also found that if I toggle "auto preview" or something similarly sounding it will display the notes in a word wrap type display. There are no carriage returns in this format but better than not.

I also found that I might be able to create a custom form view for this purpose using some options on the tools menu. Here is a link on how to do that http://qvlweb.blogspot.com/2008/08/outlook-forms-1-determine-process.html