• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook Add In update

I've used this new release for a full workday today (this was released late last night), and it's very nice. The new handling of projects is a great improvement that makes the Add-In very easy to use for items that don't necessarily come to your GTD Inbox via email.
 
So far so good!

I just downloaded this a few hours ago prior to my weekly review. So far, things look great - the enhancements are nice.

Will advise how it all works out over the next few weeks...

J
 
A great improvement

I've only played so far - but the ability to see all project actions (NA's, appointments, journal entries) in one place has already been a godsend.

Highly recommend anyone who's got the add-in should upgrade. And anyone who hasn't got the add-in should buy it!

btw - I don't work for NetCentrics....
 
Do I Need to install the non-Vista Ver. 1st then the Vista ver. on a Vista Machine?

I am running Vista and Office 2007 (including Outlook 2007) on a new computer. I do not yet have the Outlook Add-in. Do I install the non-vista version prior to installing the Vista version upgrade? Can I install the non-vista version on a vista machine? Thanks!
 
I've just installed the new version on a machine running Vista and Office
2000. Yes, you need to install the current version and then the up-date. Only been using it for a few days - but it looks good!
 
I have installed the latest "vista ready" update on my Windows XP and Outlook 2007 setup and finally Outlook stops crashing when I close it or reboot my computer.

Thank you Netcentric!

Steve
 
Support address for Netcentrics

Hi,

I just want to remind folks that the support address for Netcentrics is

gtdsupport@netcentrics.com - if you need a new link or have a second computer email support and they can assist you. Netcentrics Corporation is the developer of the Outlook add-in. Feel free to contact them directly anytime with questions!

Liz Harward
Products Department
liz.harward@davidco.com
 
GTD Outlook Add-in with Vista keeps crashing

I have had this loaded for more than 6 months now. It crashes whenever I send and receive. Does anyone else have this problem?

As a work-around - I logout before I send/receive; then disable the add-in, log back in, send/receive, logout, enable add-in, login. Quite cumbersome, but until recently it has worked.

Recently, when I try to log back in, Outlook won't start at all. I have to restart the computer, then Outlook opens in safe mode.

It looks like I may have to unload the add-in, which I love :(
 
The Outlook Add-In, while containing many features I like, crashes at least twice per week for me. It requires having to disable, then re enable the add-in. It's too useful to not do it, but it's a tad frustrating. I'm also not too happy that when I add tasks in my blackberry, they don't tie in with the add-in at all. It does not categorize them per the add-in and I have to go in and do this when I get back to my desktop. That's blackberry's fault, not the add-in, but frustrating nonetheless. Overall, I'm happy with the add-in's features.

Clark
 
Recurring Projects?

Does anyone know how to handle recurringprojects using the Outlook Add-in? I have a project that contains 15 actions/tasks and I would like to find a way to avoid having to re-enter all the tasks every tiem this project needs to be completed.

Thanks. JWM
 
Wish List

I love the concept of Project Central, but wish it could do the following:

- Under the email tab, to have the ability to "preview". If I'm searching for a particular item in a list of 25 emails, it's cumbersome to open and close each one individually.

- Have the ability to sort the tabs sequence, or set which tab is displayed when opening a project. For me, I would like to open in the "notes" view. "Appointments" are way down in my useage frequency.

It seems like it is always a long, long time between feature additions. I hope it won't be 2011 - 2012 before we might see some further enhancements!
 
Mobile Device

I am just setting out on my GTD journey. I plan on using Outlook with the netcentrics add on. I need to figure out what mobile device/phone to use.

What is the best device that will sync my outlook GTD particularly the tasks (in GTD categories) with the minimal amount of hassle?

I have no particular loyalty to any device. I am just looking for the easiest to get started with the least add-ons etc

Thanks
 
Top