• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook Add-In: Viewing Tasks by Project

At work, I am switching from a Mac (where I use the Entourage project center to manage GTD) to a PC, where I plan to use the Outlook Add-In. I've added in a number of my projects, and related next actions as tasks. Even though the NetCentric documentation shows tasks grouped by project, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this view in Outlook. I've got things currently grouped by category (context), which is one handy view, but particularly for my weekly review I really want to see tasks grouped by project. I am sure I am missing something obvious, but I just can't seem to figure out what.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

- Heidi
 
First, the add-in should come with a view grouped by project. You might want to contact customer support to see if your installation went properly.

Second, you can easily set up a 'by project' view by going into tasks and modifying a view to be grouped by the field 'Project' under 'user-defined fields.'
 
Thanks for the reply!

kglade said:
First, the add-in should come with a view grouped by project. You might want to contact customer support to see if your installation went properly.

Thanks... I wonder if because I am using the trial version it omits the group by project functionality. I probably should have clarified that was the version I was using. I wasn't seeing Project at all in grouping options. Guess I'll go ahead a buy it and hope this functionality shows up in the purchased version.
 
Top