• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook on a PC, sync with an iPhone?

We use Outlook 2010 in my workplace and I really appreciate the GTD guidance doc. However I recently got a work phone, which is an iPhone, and although the calendar events and contacts have all synchronised, I can't seem to find my task lists anywhere? The GTD In Outlook doc says to use the Simple Tasks list, whereas only the 'To Do' list seems to synchronise with iPhone Reminders app. Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed? Is there another app I could use? We have an exchange and fairly tight security as we handle patient data.
 
After setting up Exchange on your iPhone, all tasks folders should be synchronized with your iPhone's Reminders app in a folder called "Tasks". I don't know what the Simple Task list is.

I believe the Outlook GTD guidance document recommends the use of categories to organize Outlook's task items. Reminders won't sync the category data. While I no longer use Outlook as my GTD system, I created separate Tasks folders for each of my lists. Doing so allowed me to see my multiple lists in Reminders.

The only app I've found that handles Outlook's level of detail is TaskTask. It's received varied reviews, but my experience was positive. Unlike Reminders, it did allow me to divide and view my lists by category and other sorting options. The program also displays any flagged emails alongside the tasks for followup. I haven't used the app lately, so it may have new features.
 
I would suggest checking out TaskTask. It's not something we've ever tested to officially recommend, but I have heard it's one of the few that handles this well.
 
I'm using Exchange (with patient data), Gsyncit to sync to Wunderlist, and Wunderlist on the mobile devices. TaskTask syncs directly but the mobile apps are cluttered and I didn't find them easy to sort.
 
I just installed TaskTask but can't access my Exchange account, even though other apps on my phone are already connected to it.
 
Top