• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

outlook out of work

Hi all.

I use outlook for all my GTD workflow at work and have grown to really love it now I have figured it all out, the only down side is I can't sync the system due to policy restrictions from IT, therefore I don't always have my list out of work and would really like the system to manage my whole life.

Anyone else been through this and if so what tactics did you employ to manage this.

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Could you sign up for Office 365 and Outlook.com and then use your work Outlook to open up the Outlook.com account?

Or, you might have to selectively export/forward mails and calendar events to the Outlook.com account (subject to your work's policies).

Ron
 
Matt, I will second Ron's suggestion if your IT department will allow it. I've used both my work Exchange account and personal Office 365 together and it has been a good system for me. My challenge now is that I use Windows Outlook at work and Mac Outlook at home. The Windows version is more robust, in my opinion.

Ryan
 
I have a similar issue. My work provides us with iPhones and iPads and the Outlook Tasks come over in Reminders, which is totally useless. We also have access to Office 365, but even in 365 the Task app is not very good. It doesn't list tasks under the categories, etc. I use Todoist for my personal stuff. I like that quite a bit, but I don't like using two separate systems. Not sure what to do either.
 
wadehanna said:
I have a similar issue. My work provides us with iPhones and iPads and the Outlook Tasks come over in Reminders, which is totally useless. We also have access to Office 365, but even in 365 the Task app is not very good. It doesn't list tasks under the categories, etc. I use Todoist for my personal stuff. I like that quite a bit, but I don't like using two separate systems. Not sure what to do either.

I am using the NextAction! app on my iPhone 5S. It works on top of the tasks in "Reminders", so it syncs like a charm with Outlook, but at the same time, it had the best GTD interface I have seen so far. I used that same app on my BlackBerry like 8 years ago and now I got it on my iPhone. Worked and still works very well for me.
 
Top