• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook question - How to auto-color private appointments?

  • Thread starter Thread starter StevenT
  • Start date Start date
S

StevenT

Guest
At one point in time I thought I had a rule setup in Outlook that would automatically color/format all my appointments that were marked as "private".

That rule apparently got inadvertantly erased or eliminated sometime ago, possibly when I installed an Outlook plugin. I now want to get this feature back, but cannot seem to figure out how to do it. I've looked under Automatic Formatting, but cannot find a "private" field listing to use to trigger an action.

Anyone know how to do this?
All help appreciated.
Steve
 
Close...

Go to:

Automatic Reformatting>Add your rule>click on Condition>Advanced>Field(drop down menu)>All Appointment Fields>"Sensitivity"

Then set the Condition to "Equals" and the Value to "Private".

Finally, pick the colour you want from the first menu.

Hope that helps.

Bob

Colour coding is a GREAT option. Since in GTD, we put our "next actions" as a day appointment in Outlook, I use automatic formatting to colour code my next actions. This separates them from my actual full day appointments, birthdays, and the like. So, my errands would be one colour, calls another colour...things like that. Now that I've memorized my own colour code, I can instantly know what my day looks like without even having to read it, just by taking a quick look at the colours.

Take care,

Bob

PS. If anyone needs to know how to do this, I'll provide a tutorial. Let me know.
 
Thanks Bob, that was exactly what I was looking for.
I looked through the fields but never thought of using "sensitivity".
 
Top