• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook Remote Images

I use Outlook 2003 and by default it disables the downloading of images on HTML emails.

However, whenever I hit reply (or forward), there's a popup box saying that it must download the images to do so.

Is there a way where I can simply reply (or forward) as plain text and not have to download the images?

Thanks for any help!
 
Hmm. I've poked around a fair bit now in Outlook 2003, and there doesn't seem to be a built-in way of doing exactly this, without perhaps writing a macro to convert from HTML to plain text atuomatically.

There are other things you could do, but spelling them out wouldn't answer this question, so I won't, unless you want me to. :-)
 
That did the trick! Thanks!!

And the great part is if you want to view it as HTML you can easily do so by simply selecting the email and click on "Display as HTML."

Very nice :)
 
Top