Outlook tasks or Paper

tgonzales

Registered
I'm new to GTD and setting up my tasks in Outlook. I entered about 80 or so and sorted by categories. I'm not always at my computer so I printed them so I can review at my convenience. Unfortunately, the printed version doesn't show everything.

I'm one of those people who really prefers paper but the kind of work I do and the pace in which I must complete tasks prevents me from indulging my paper preference.

Can anyone advise on how to manage Outlook tasks so they print out on paper in a portable way? I don't want to print a page for every task either unless I must.

any help would certainly be appreciated...I feel stuck!:confused:

JohnV474

Registered
more information?

What, specifically, is not printing out with the Tasks that you would like to have print out?

My Tasks print out as Subject, Notes, Due Date. That is not the default--I set it up that way. You can adjust what prints.

Let me know what you would want to see printing and I'll see if I can help you do it.

JohnV474

ellobogrande

Registered
Implementing Getting Things Done with Microsoft Outlook

David Allen has published a white paper on how to restructure Outlook to facilitate using it for GTD. It's available on this site, but it's not free. At last I checked the cost was $10. It might be a worthwhile investment for you.

ellobogrande

Registered
tgonzales;59591 said:
I'm one of those people who really prefers paper but the kind of work I do and the pace in which I must complete tasks prevents me from indulging my paper preference.

I want to make sure I understand your situation. Could you elaborate on this a little more? Why must you use Outlook Tasks if you're partial to paper? David Allen even states that paper is often faster to work with than the computer.

I'm a high-tech guy; I use Outlook in combination with a Palm PDA. If I didn't have the Palm, I probably wouldn't use Outlook. If you don't have a PDA, I suggest you use your own paper system.

clango

Registered
How you print out ....

JohnV474;59613 said:
My Tasks print out as Subject, Notes, Due Date. That is not the default--I set it up that way. You can adjust what prints.

How can you adjust your print out. Sorry for my ignorance

Claudio

JohnV474

Registered
Don't

I don't feel comfortable posting the "how-to" because it is part of the white paper that David Allen put together. I would recommend either searching through Outlook help to find what you need or purchasing the whitepaper (it's only $10), which will take you through it step by step.

JohnV474