Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive.
There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial:
https://bit.ly/4hYicYV
We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at:
https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/
In Outlook Tasks is it possible to first sort by due date and then after category? I want to keep all the urgent tasks badged, so I sort by due date and want to keep the view of my tasks badged so that I see all categories.
In Outlook-Tasks, you can't sort by category but you can group by category. My workaround for this is;
1. In the View>Layout> Right Pane selector, select To-Do Bar. Config this list to group by category. This becomes your @ list. Configure this view's filter to only display Priority = low tasks. (After all, you are only going to be concerned about this list if your are in the @context.)
2. Your main-Task-view filter is configured to NOT display Priority=Low tasks. Therefore, just the Priority=High and Priority=medium display. Config the display to group high and medium priority separately.
If you want my full Outlook config, send me a direct - message and I'll reply with it.