Palm has died a death

tominperu

Registered
My beloved Palm Centro has stopped working. It remains black screen when I turn it on. I've tried all the manuals suggestions like taking the battery out and in. Also doing the same and while pressing the on button and scroll up button.

Also realised that the 1 yr warranty has just run out! Perfect timing!

Anyone had a similar problem and can suggest anything fpr either getting it to work again or getting some redress from Palm.

Tom

TesTeq

Registered
Palm has died a death.

Palm has died a death. I thought that you were talking about the company!

hikerpa

Registered
Here is how to hard reset your Centro. Hope it works for you. I loved my Centro but have moved on to the Palm Pre.
Ellen

Is your Palm Centro device locked up and frozen. You might want to try a hard reset. Here’s how.

1. Remove the battery from the rear of the unit.

2. Hold down the power button while reinserting the battery.

3. When the Palm logo appears, release the power button.

4. Press the Up button to complete the hard reset and erase all data on the Centro.

tominperu

Registered
hikerpa;78798 said:
Here is how to hard reset your Centro. Hope it works for you. I loved my Centro but have moved on to the Palm Pre.
Ellen

Is your Palm Centro device locked up and frozen. You might want to try a hard reset. Here’s how.

1. Remove the battery from the rear of the unit.

2. Hold down the power button while reinserting the battery.

3. When the Palm logo appears, release the power button.

4. Press the Up button to complete the hard reset and erase all data on the Centro.

Yes, I've tried that but to no avail. I think it really is broken. I will percevere with Palm to see if they can repair it anyway.