Palm or Pocket PC????

D

drumsonly2002

Doing some serious upgrading to my business. Thus my quest brings me here, and GTD techniques. Want to bring Quickbooks, Word, Excel, contact manager with me via Palm or PPC. Favoring PPC as it seems more PC friendly, but what I think vs what I know are two different things. Own my own one man business thus want to have all my accounting done before getting home plus carry Quickbooks reports with me. What do you guys/gals prefer Palm or PPC? Used a M-100 Palm for years and like the printable schedule and memo page. My little M-100 broke thus upgrading my PDA I print out my schedule daily and carry it in a letter size 3 ring binder, thus the Palm or PPC will be mainly for accounting, reports, Excel, Word. Thanks.

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
I haven't checked lately but I don't think there is a version of Quickbooks for either Palm or PPC. There is Quicken for personal finance for both versions, but not Quickbooks for business accounting.

I use a Pocket PC for the last 4 years and have been really happy with it. What I prefer with the PPC compared with the Palm is not being limited to 15 categories. I know there are programs that get around this on the Palm but that was one factor at the time. I also prefer the larger memory as standard on PPC. But there are some things I see people do on the Palm that I wish I could do on PPC as well. Do you research and see which one has the features you want/need. It may just come down to personal preference and price.

Paul

shan150

Registered
Drumsonly2002, I was searching through palmgear.com and stumbled across a program called PocketBooks for Palm OS.

I was very excited when I found it because I just started using quickbooks, but then I noticed it is only for Windows people and I am a Mac chick, so the program and I are not compatible, but maybe this info will be useful for you.

T

TimbreScott

Solstice

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know about our Solstice software that works with QuickBooks on a Pocket PC. You can see the details on our website, www.timbresoftware.com

Scott Stephenson
Timbre Software