• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Palm Tungston E2 Win 7 64-bit HotSync

Maybe it's time for me to find another way or spend a bunch of other money to update my system but...

...is anybody here still using the older Palm setup & realizing that USB Hot Sync doesn't work with Vista/Window 7 64 bit, there is only one way to Hot Sync - Bluetooth. It's a pain because it's a major distraction to set up & keep it set up. Maybe I've complicated myself but my setup is 3 way.
1] @Work an XP PC with USB Cable to Hot Sync Outlook 2007 with Key Suite.
2] @Anywhere my HP DV5 laptop with Win 7 with Targus Bluetooth to Hot Sync Outlook 2007.
3] @Home my desktop with Win 7 with Targus Bluetooth to Hot Sync Outlook 2007.

Trouble is keeping the bluetooth configured with laptop & desktop.

? My real goal is to keep my Work PC (Exchange so it's not Outlook.pst) synced with my laptop.

2nd Goal is to keep my laptop / desktop synced Outlook.pst.

I just get distracted with all the 'hoops' to jump through.

Any suggestions or product ideas welcomed.

I am fairly savvy at all this but I lose my patience and going down this rabbit trail leads me into a black hole of time & space and before I know it, I ain't gettin' nuthin' dun.
 
Top