palm z22

timco

Registered
I will start by saying that I have not read Davids book yet on GTD. I have it ordered though and will be here soon.I cant wait to read it.I have read all kinds of things though on the web about GTD and Mr.Allen and I think his ideas will work for me.I do have a worry though about using paper or palm.There is a thing that I like about writing on paper,though I cant explain it .I do have a palm z22 but I dont think it is as capable as what you GTD'ERS use.It's pretty basic.On the notes part I cant seem to write with the stylus very well .Maybe its just me or I do not have the right kind of palm to use that make note taking easy,it just seems cumbersom.Any suggestions from all of you fine GTD pro's would be great.Thank You

mikeobrien58

Registered
I've used the Z22 for years as my GTD "trusted system".

My key software is: LifeBalance, and the built-in Calendar, Memos, and Contacts apps.

I don't use it for note-taking -- paper & pen for that. I mostly use the virtual keyboard, not the handwriting tool, but I can use the handwriting if I have to; it's no fun.

Paper is appealing, I agree, but as a friend of mine says "you can't search paper".

Also the Z22 is very compact and I carry it with me literally everywhere. There is something very empowering about having ALL my information with me everywhere I go -- every phone number, every email address, every project and action list, every checklist and Area of Concern and Vision and Goal.

I can review my action lists or calendar anytime, anywhere. Little pockets of idle time become GTD time for me.

Also I can sync with my Mac at home and have all that information available there too, which is better for editing, and lets me cut-and-paste data from the Mac into the Palm.

I couldn't function without it!

TesTeq

Registered
The best tool for starting GTD.

The best tool for starting GTD is the book itself, a sheet of paper and a pen.

dschaffner

Registered
timco;63462 said:
.On the notes part I cant seem to write with the stylus very well .Maybe its just me or I do not have the right kind of palm to use that make note taking easy,it just seems cumbersom.Any suggestions from all of you fine GTD pro's would be great.Thank You

The key to using the palm stylus is practice, practice, practice.

Also, you can try to do most of your data entry on the PC side, and then just sync to the palm.

I used the palm to do GTD for several years before moving to the iPhone.

- Don