• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Pam Question

I'm having a problem syncing with my palm. I hope some of the helpful folks on here can help me. Intermittently - but often - when I sync my handheld and desktop palm I get copies of many of my tasks. The way I have it set up, I have @;aldjf on my task list with specific NA's in the notes section. All gets copies so that I have two (sometimes more) @;akfj with the same notes.
I've looked in the help for the palm, but couldn't find anything like this.

Thanks in advance,
 
Are these by any chance tasks you have modified on both ends in between hotsync sessions ?

If so, PalmDesktop nor your PDA have any means of knowing which one is 'the master' hence they just duplicate the whole thing to avoid dataloss.

To get rid of these dupes there are 2 possibilities:
1) In PalmDesktop (PC version, sorry MAC-users :???: ) there is an option to remove duplicates (menu - tools - addins - delete duplicates
2) get a 3th party program like Undupe from Steven's Creek Software.
 
Top