Paper System: how do you use it?

MarinaMartin

Registered
kewms;58276 said:
In this situation, I write on my (paper) calendar "Heard from J. Smith? Emailed him 5/23." If I need to actually look at the email, I know where to find it.

Katherine

Why not create a Google Calendar event that emails you a reminder, instead of writing it out on a paper calendar? If something isn't time-specific, I try to leave it off my calendar.

Alternately, you could label the email you sent "@WAITINGON" and check that label once per week during your weekly review.

kewms

Registered
MarinaMartin;59922 said:
Why not create a Google Calendar event that emails you a reminder, instead of writing it out on a paper calendar? If something isn't time-specific, I try to leave it off my calendar.

Alternately, you could label the email you sent "@WAITINGON" and check that label once per week during your weekly review.

My calendar is a two-page per week format. One page serves as an addendum to my tickler file, the other is the true time specific calendar. Reminders such as the example I gave go on the tickler page.

I use a primarily paper system and detest email nagging of all kinds. Also, writing the note on my calendar is faster than any software I've tried. I use electronic calendar reminders strictly for time specific events, and rarely even then.

I've also never found Waiting For lists useful. YMMV, but I find tickling a specific reminder action to be much more concrete.

Katherine

Brent

Registered
kewms;59966 said:
I've also never found Waiting For lists useful. YMMV, but I find tickling a specific reminder action to be much more concrete.

Interesting. For me, the Waiting For list is already "tickled" every week during the Weekly Review.

the13clocks

Registered
I am an avid lurker here, and finally decided to post.

On my blog, I have written a couple of entries about how I use GTD with my paper planner (and how my system has evolved this summer), and have included pictures. Link

I'd love it if you would take a look, and leave comments! I hope someone finds it helpful or interesting! I have gotten a lot of ideas from this forum.