• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Pocket Informant How To

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Anyone using Pocket Informant that would share a bit of their methodology for implementing GTD?
 
Pocket Informant ideas

fncll,

I use PI with my IPAQ. What specific questions do you have?

Chris
 
Specifically

How you are managing projects and next actions, tips for viewing actions if you keep them in project contexts, etc. Basically any information on how to get from here (paper) to there (ppc)!
 
I have used it but for me Palm platform was easier so I switched back to Palm.
 
Fncll,

I use PI to sync with my Outlook 2003 on my desktop. I have Outlook configured as per the Allen White Paper without the use of the add-in. So, when I sync, it simply puts my PI task list exactly as I have it on Outlook. I use categories (e.g. @office, @email, @calls, Projects, Someday/Maybe, etc etc), and PI keeps each of those categories when it syncs. So it looks just like my outlook.

Does that help?

Chris
 
Hi, I use David's categories and PI

There are a couple of great strings in the Pocket Informant forums to help with setting up PI. The filtering helps you see only the @calls category, or others.

There are lots of people actively implementing David's system with PI successfully over there.

The link to the forums is here: http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?

Good luck. It's worked well for me.

Christine
 
Top