• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

[Pocket PC] Software that can do this?

Cycling through task contexts with just one button click:

49797517uu0.jpg

Does anyone know PIM software for Pocket PC that let's you cycle through contexts with just one button click?
 
I know it's not Pocket PC, but...

I know this recommendation will not work on the Pocket PC, but FWIW, Bonsai, from Natara will do this on the Palm very nicely. It is what I use to use, exactly as you state, before I moved into my own software.
 
The standard Palm Tasks application will do this even without Bonsai. In fact my first thought when I saw this post was that Ablaze is trying to migrate from Palm to PocketPC and is finding, like I did, that it's just not as simple and convenient as a Palm.
 
You are Right; Task List Can Fit the Bill

True.....

If you push the Task List button (or, if you have a button on your Treo assigned to Task List) repeatedly, it will move through he categories for you.

I brought up Bonsai as, especially for a GTD type of desired application, it allows for more category flexibility (i.e., Projects & a "Context" (@home, @calls)) as well as the outlining capability. I always leaned towards Bonsai for the standard Task List. :)
 
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I will just have to learn to deal with having to go through more clicks to change context views with my PPC / Windows Mobile.
 
All of the major third-party PIM add-ons (AgendaOne, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Informant) give you the option to set up your task list sorted by category. I use AgendaOne, with the default setting to have all of the categories collapsed. While I can't change categories by repeatedly pressing the button I've assigned to open the task list, I find it just as fast to scroll to and select the category I want to expand.

Art
 
Top