• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Post Summit

I am flying back from SF today after the Summit and just wanted to pop in while I had a connection and some down time to say firstly, how much I really enjoyed and valued the Summit. I wasn't very clear on what my expectations were going in to it, but in every sense they were exceeded much beyond what I could have anticipated.

I met some fantastic people at the event and really valued every conversation. Attending the Summit has reminded me more powerfully of the importance of surrounding yourself with a strong peer group. Unfortunately, I work alone pretty much most of the time, and not having close ties to Pittsburgh (having arrived from overseas) I don't have a strong social peer group either. So I need to figure something out in that regard; the forums can maybe help with that and maybe there are ways in which this can be enhanced even more following the Summit? What I realized also is what an amazing and excellent peer group was there. Truly these were incredibly smart and switched on people. I don't think I walked away from one conversation without a deep respect for the other person and not having had at least one a-ha.

I am still chewing on my notes from the event. I took some time on the plane to start a mindmap of the notes I had made (not finished yet).

The other thing that I did, as a priority, was to take up Marshall's idea of the peer to peer coaching. I've not gotten a peer yet, but I have emailed someone. But I have already got my questions together (at least as a far stab which I may revise after testing them for a month).

Anyway... looking forward to seeing what others have done immediately after getting back from SF!

Paul
 
Top