Post Summit

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
I am flying back from SF today after the Summit and just wanted to pop in while I had a connection and some down time to say firstly, how much I really enjoyed and valued the Summit. I wasn't very clear on what my expectations were going in to it, but in every sense they were exceeded much beyond what I could have anticipated.

I met some fantastic people at the event and really valued every conversation. Attending the Summit has reminded me more powerfully of the importance of surrounding yourself with a strong peer group. Unfortunately, I work alone pretty much most of the time, and not having close ties to Pittsburgh (having arrived from overseas) I don't have a strong social peer group either. So I need to figure something out in that regard; the forums can maybe help with that and maybe there are ways in which this can be enhanced even more following the Summit? What I realized also is what an amazing and excellent peer group was there. Truly these were incredibly smart and switched on people. I don't think I walked away from one conversation without a deep respect for the other person and not having had at least one a-ha.

I am still chewing on my notes from the event. I took some time on the plane to start a mindmap of the notes I had made (not finished yet).

The other thing that I did, as a priority, was to take up Marshall's idea of the peer to peer coaching. I've not gotten a peer yet, but I have emailed someone. But I have already got my questions together (at least as a far stab which I may revise after testing them for a month).

Anyway... looking forward to seeing what others have done immediately after getting back from SF!

Paul