PPC software for GTD

C

cmmcgranaghan

I currently have a Treo 750. I need help using gtd on it. The basic PIM doesn't cut it. I am debating between Pocket informant and Agenda One. PI has more options, including Project management. Agenda one has a cleaner appearance and a smaller footprint on my device and is much easier to use one-handed, but lacks Hierarchal tasks. If I go with agenda one, I am thinking of using a different program, listpro, for projects. Any advice would be appreciated

L

lldanj

I have been using pocket informant for a month now on my 700wx and like it very much. for GTD it works well. tasks are easy to see by category. it is simple to mark them completed as i work through my lists. the calendar is also easy to view and work from.

i have not tried agenda one. i may do so now that you mention it.

Dan

AndyD

Registered
Try both demos - see which you miss the most!

Have you tried the demo versions for both these?

If not, give each one a try out and see which you miss the most after a month or so of trying them.

I'd start with Pocket Informant first!

I'm using Pocket Informant and love the group tasks by category (or in GTD speak, context) option.

I've also tried Agenda One which looks real cool, but missed the group by category view that Pocket Informant offers.

Good luck with whichever you go with!

Best regards,

Andy.

quantumgardener

Registered
I currently use Pocket Informant. Went to try Agenda but couldn't get the download to work. Originally it was because of features such as hierarchical category but I no longer use them. I was trying to be too clever. Now that I have things up and running the way Pocket Informant filters is most useful.

Features are great but they can be very distracting at times.

A

antoineg

OneNote 2007

I highly recommend OneNote 2007/One Note 2007 Mobile. If you're a Microsoft Office user you should give it a try.

Bill

Registered
cmmcgranaghan;49566 said:
I currently have a Treo 750. I need help using gtd on it. The basic PIM doesn't cut it. I am debating between Pocket informant and Agenda One. PI has more options, including Project management. Agenda one has a cleaner appearance and a smaller footprint on my device and is much easier to use one-handed, but lacks Hierarchal tasks. If I go with agenda one, I am thinking of using a different program, listpro, for projects. Any advice would be appreciated

The best program I've found is called MyLifeOrganized (MLO). Available from http://www.mylifeorganized.net/

The standalone PPC tool is fine. It organizes things in the way I want them for GTD. However, the really great thing about MLO is that is syncs with my desktop PC.

I really prefer to do most data entry and project creation on my PC. The PPC is really just a review and reminder tool.

JamesM

Registered