Printing GTD Organizer PDF

AGL

Registered
Hi, I've purchased and downloaded the 2022 GTD Organizer PDF. I can't get it to print our dark enough to read the calendar pages easily. Replaced ink in printer, printed best quality and tried various options in Preview and Adobe but little improvement. All other documents I print out are perfect.

Any suggestions?

Andrew

GTDUser

Registered
The copy center in my area makes printouts with ink that look almost as sharp as laser print.

When printing from home you could try using higher dpi, disable eco print and fast print, or switch to best quality, or maybe change the print to gray-scale if that is an option.

Sarahsuccess

Registered
Hi, I've purchased and downloaded the 2022 GTD Organizer PDF. I can't get it to print our dark enough to read the calendar pages easily. Replaced ink in printer, printed best quality and tried various options in Preview and Adobe but little improvement. All other documents I print out are perfect.

Any suggestions?

Andrew

Have you heard from anyone at the Davidco company?

You can try contacting them here:
Select “GTD Shop”

Also, I was looking at the website for the 2022 GTD Organizer pdf and I noticed that it does not include a “Waiting For” list. I am surprised since this is one of the basic gtd lists. Could someone at the Davidco/David Allen company explain?

Murray

Registered
Also, I was looking at the website for the 2022 GTD Organizer pdf and I noticed that it does not include a “Waiting For” list. I am surprised since this is one of the basic gtd lists. Could someone at the Davidco/David Allen company explain?
Perhaps they have taken a leaf from Martin Luther King's classic little book:

Attachments

• medium_zipview-1.jpg
    medium_zipview-1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 21

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member

Any suggestions?

Andrew
Hi Andrew, the other idea I had is that maybe your printer has a lighter/darker setting. Not a software setting, but something you could change on the printer's control panel if there is one. And of course if you find it just doesn't work for you, email customerservice@davidco.com and we'll promptly refund.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Have you heard from anyone at the Davidco company?

You can try contacting them here:
Select “GTD Shop”

Hi Sarah, we've just updated the description to make it clear that the GTD Organizer does include a Waiting For list (screen shot below). The description previously said Next Actions Lists, without details. Now that line in the description says Next Actions Lists (Anywhere, Calls, Computer, Errands, Home Office, and Waiting For).

waiting_for.png

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Perhaps they have taken a leaf from Martin Luther King's classic little book:
Hi Murray, well done on the MLK reference.

Still, if you're waiting for us to get rid of the Waiting For list, it's going to be a long wait. Maybe not even when [insert title of 1994 Eagles live album].

Murray

Registered
Hi Murray, well done on the MLK reference.

Still, if you're waiting for us to get rid of the Waiting For list, it's going to be a long wait. Maybe not even when [insert title of 1994 Eagles live album].
Ha ha I had to look up that Eagles Album, but then it turned out to be an obvious choice!

Last edited:

AGL

Registered
Thanks for the suggestions. I played around with printer settings and found the document printed darker if I told printer the paper was premium matte rather than plain paper. Not sure I’ll go with it yet but it has improved. I’ll revisit nearer end of year.

Graeme Thom

Registered
Hi @AGL - I also purchased the Organizer PDF and like you found that the diary pages weren't clear enough in the beginning. As @GTDUser suggested above, I found that using a "high quality" print setting improved the resolution and made the letters and numbers significantly "crisper". and readable. Changing the paper quality setting too - as you tried - may also improve the resolution quality by default.

One thing I did find is that when printing double-sided (duplex), the large date characters at the top on one side of the paper would clash with the small calendar blocks on the other side. I think perhaps moving the large date up to the very top so that when printed it doesn't overlay on the reverse side with the small calendar blocks might be useful in future iterations (I don't think it's a result of my standard 80gsm A4 paper being too thin).

AGL

Registered
As an update, after more experimentation and googling, here is what worked for me to get to a suitable print quality. I used calendar pages only for this.
1) opened the original calendar pdf in Preview on Mac.
2) File, Export and selected quartz filter = gray tone and saved pdf with a new name.
3) opened gray tone pdf. repeated export but this time selected quartz filter = lightness decrease and saved pdf with new name.
4) set printer paper to be premium matte (even though plain paper loaded).
5) printed the gray tone/lightness decrease pdf file in best quality.

Having a true black and white version of the 2022 GTD Organizer PDF available as a download option in the store would be great.

Andrew

JerryC2022

Registered
I purchased the 2022 GTD Planner templates last week. It will print only a faint image, which is not usable. I have tried printing with high and low resolutions on work and home laser and inkjet printers. I have used 20# all purpose paper and 24# HP Inkjet / Laser paper. Trying to run pho copies is a waste of time as the faint lines almost disappear.

I have never subscribed to a PDF software which allows me to edit a PDF document. So I am wondering if I had the Pro version of Adobe, could I make the blue-gray lines of the templates into black lines? Which I would think would make them print better. I would also strip out the fillable fields as I don't pre-fill prior to printing.
Thanks
Jerry

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I purchased the 2022 GTD Planner templates last week. It will print only a faint image, which is not usable. I have tried printing with high and low resolutions on work and home laser and inkjet printers. I have used 20# all purpose paper and 24# HP Inkjet / Laser paper. Trying to run pho copies is a waste of time as the faint lines almost disappear.

I have never subscribed to a PDF software which allows me to edit a PDF document. So I am wondering if I had the Pro version of Adobe, could I make the blue-gray lines of the templates into black lines? Which I would think would make them print better. I would also strip out the fillable fields as I don't pre-fill prior to printing.
Thanks
Jerry
Hi Jerry,

You won't need to pay for the Pro version of Adobe. Email me at connect@davidco.com and I have a couple of ideas. We will make it work for you or issue a refund.

Best,
John