• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Problems with my Brother label-maker

  • Thread starter Thread starter Poetess
  • Start date Start date
P

Poetess

Guest
I just invested in a Brothers P-touch, Model PT-1280. I must have fooled around with the tab setting or something, and my print is coming out very small even though I selected large.

I have gone over the little "user manual" several times, and went through and tried a few different settings, but still the same result. I even tried taking the batteries out for several minutes, in the futile hope it would revert to its initial settings.

Meantime, I have been wasting label tape, spending way too much time on this, and feeling frustrated -- not mind like water, at all.

Can anyone out there help me? I sure would appreciate it!
 
I'm not sure which model that is...

But generally you can hold the blue function key and hit the number keys to change the font size, a little mark on the LCD will tell you which one is current. On one model I had holding the blue button down and hitting backspace would clear the label, including all formatting, so that's a good way to get back to square one.
 
Who(m) ya gonna call?

Poetess, if you still need a solution at this point, why don't you just call Brother? The company has a toll-free customer service phone number, which you can find on its Web site. (You can also email Brother, but my success using that method has been mixed.)
 
Poetess said:
Can anyone out there help me? I sure would appreciate it!

Hi,

A reset is done by switching the 1280 off, press the arrow up key on the lower left together with the R key and then switching it on again.

I also have 1 1280 and I really like it. For me it also took some time to adjust it to settings I want to use for my files.

Fokke

PS Brother has also a solutions website for this model.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.co.../faq_top.htm?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=1280eus
 
Top