• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Problems with no due date tasks in Palm

Have recently bought a Palm Z22. Am very pleased with it in many ways but when I enter a task with "no due date" it enters with a due date of 31/12/31! I can change it back once again when its on the list but this is a severe hassle and as I like a "show only due tasks" view I then have to change the view to actually see the task to change it. A major malfuntion really.

Has anyone had the same problem with Palm and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
 
Change the default settings....

I can't believe Palm would make a date necessary. There must be a default setting you can adjust in the Preferences screen. My Palm is older, so its not the same, but that is where I would check.

HTH
 
I've used many Palm's across many generations, and have never struck that problem. No date is no date.

BTW, I also remove the date from displaying in the Palm tasks list. The only reason I enter a date is if something is date dependent and I want the NA to show on my today screen or calendar.
 
It's not that it is making the date necessary. It just puts in a due date of 31/12/2031 when I specify "no date". Very annoying.

I have had a Palm before which did not have this problem but this one definitely has it. I will contact Palm about the problem...
 
Top