• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Processing Notes When you travel between offices

My job requires me to travel between three locations on a weekly basis. I have read the postings on how people process their meeting notes. My problem is that I need my notes taken at a previous location handy when I am at a different location for fear I will have to refer to meeting notes taken. I read some people keep journals and others process their notes as prescribed by GTD.

I would like to hear from people who work in multiple offices on how they process and keep track of notes.
 
When I was travelling a lot, I used a journal (moleskine or something similar) to take meeting notes.
After processing the notes, drew a diagonal line over the page: I could easily see that I processed the notes and I could still read the notes if I had to.
I usually only carried the current notebook; sometimes I also had the previous notebook (just after starting a new notebook in order to keep some history).
I could do about a month with a notebook and I seldom needed to refer to things from previous notebooks.

my 2 (euro)cents.
tb
 
If I have to work from paper for note-taking, I just carry the Moleskine I usually use and flip to the page of notes I need. Important bits of information I expect to retrieve before fully processing my notes get starred or underlined or highlighted somehow.

If I'm working out of my electronic system, which I prefer, but isn't always appropriate, I open a task for the meeting/podcast/whatever, and add a comment to the task for each piece of information I need to capture. That usually breaks up the notes enough they're easy to turn into individual tasks or store as reference, and I've got the notes available immediately. If I need to share them right away, I just delegate the task with all the meeting notes so they're available to my teammates.
 
Top