Procrastination with David Allen...

TesTeq

Registered
Every time when I see a webinar announcement "Procrastination with David Allen - Nov 9, 11:00am PT" I think:

It's not about how you procrastinate - it's about with whom! :)

Popeye

Registered
Procrastination with....

Hi TesTeq..

Right now I procrastinate with all Connect-members, ´cause I´m reading the forums instead of doing my work. ;)

pinkmouse

Registered
And if we consider the threefold nature of procrastination" is "Procrastination with David Allen - Nov 9, 11:00am PT" better than procrastination as it shows up? ;)

Laura

TesTeq

Registered
Threefold Nature of Procrastination.

pinkmouse;92918 said:
And if we consider the threefold nature of procrastination" is "Procrastination with David Allen - Nov 9, 11:00am PT" better than procrastination as it shows up? ;)

Great insight that desires some scientific elaboration.

Threefold Nature of Procrastination:
  1. Pre-defined Procrastination: This is what you would be doing all day if you got no new input or interruptions of any sort.
  2. Procrastination As It Appears: The phone rings. It’s not on your lists or your calendar. But you take the call, nonetheless, and consequently spend twenty minutes talking to a friend about the latest "Dancing With The Stars" episode.
  3. Defining Procrastination: This is processing and emptying your in-basket, your email, your meeting notes, etc. – assessing the new inputs and making decisions about how long nothing needs to be done about them.

larea

Registered
Using the Calendar to Procrastinate

I'm just confused about whether I should actually block out time for procrastination on my calendar.

mcogilvie

Registered
Two-minute rule for procrastination

lareaarnett;92945 said:
I'm just confused about whether I should actually block out time for procrastination on my calendar.

There is nothing new under the sun: unschedule! ;)

http://www.lifeclever.com/how-to-unschedule-your-work-and-enjoy-guilt-free-play/

but only for pre-defined procrastination. Procrastination as it shows up should be dealt with by the two-minute rule: If the procrastination is going to take longer than two minutes, you should do it now to avoid future procrastination.

Yara.Kadulina

Registered
Sorry to interrupt the funny streak

Are there any worksheets to prepare for this webinar today? One of the reminders about today's seminar said:

Reminder : Your upcoming GTD Connect webinar & new worksheet to download

Thanks!
Yara