Project list - how to do weekly review?

Sebastien.pi

Registered
Hi guys, I'm new on this forum and I have to precise that English is not my mother tongue => sorry for the mistakes.
I use Evernote for my GTD, but I have one simple (?) question :
- I have a folder "Projects" with a lot of subfolders for each of these projects => So I have a sort of view of all my projects
- I still don't have a formal list of projects (for example a bullet point lists with projects, goals,...)
=> Do you think it's preferable to have a formal list to have a better weekly review or my "view" seems enough ?
Thanks, and best regards,

mcogilvie

Registered
I think you should seriously consider purchasing the GTD setup guide for Evernote from the David Allen Company, and explore free online resources. However, I note that Evernote has changed a lot recently, so stale material may not be so helpful.

Personally, I don't think Evernote is a particularly good tool for GTD, but it is workable. I have recently dropped my paid Evernote plan, and am migrating my notes to Bear, so my opinion should not be weighted too heavily in that regard.

Julie Jones

Registered
I think your projects in evernote is a great idea. I do the same thing with OneNote.
Evernote is your project support materials and list of potential projects. But, you should probably use one of the GTD tools to actually help track next actions and be able to track everything you are trying to get done.

For active projects I put next actions for the project in Nirvana.