• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Project Management Books and GTD

  • Thread starter Thread starter RobertWest
  • Start date Start date
R

RobertWest

Guest
Hi all.
I noticed when I browse the forum that a lot of people have the need to adopt the GTD methodology in a projectmanagement method.

I am wondering about this myself too. I am browsing Amazon.com a lot for this reason and read the reviews there.

Is there any good book out there on projectmanagement that is in line with the GTD methodology?

I think people should really expand on this subject on this forum. IMHO the perfect projectmanagement method would be also a "trusted system".

Please let me know if someone knows a good book that is getting in that direction! :)

Thanks :)
 
Project Management

My favourite book on project management is still "Managing Multiple Projects" by Irene and Michael Tobis. It's about having a reliable work strategy.

The fundamental components of a reliable work strategy according to Tobis and Tobis are:

· Knowing: having a clear set of commitments.
· Limiting: accepting only those commitments that can realistically be fulfilled.
· Planning: allocating efforts to your commitments.
· Tracking: knowing the status of progress on each of your projects.
· Controlling: making sure projects stay on track.
· Correcting: repairing individual problems and tuning the system.

Rainer
 
No Surprise Project Management[/URL]

by Timm Esque is one of my favorites.
 
Top