projects = stress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss the GTD Methodology' started by DericWan, Aug 16, 2019.

1. DericWan

DericWan Registered

There are 2-3 bigger projects which I should finish
    but
    I can´t speed them up due to
    - lack of information / searching right person
    - lack of doing time (due to daily obligations)

according to GTD one should break it down to the n/a and not try to finish the project at once
    but
    the fact that they are NOT done bothers me

2. TesTeq

TesTeq Registered

What does it mean "should"? ("I should finish").

3. ML1

ML1 Registered

Ask yourself what do you need to do to get this issue off of your mind. Do you need to back-burner them for the time being, do you need to block some time to do some more planning about it (including defining the purpose and parameters/principles and what a successful outcome means to you at the current time), or simply realize that some of the other obligations can either wait or determining they are not your actual responsibilities (you could still have them taken care of by delegating some pieces of them).

What are some of the details that you could share to have a better understanding of the situation?

Have you defined, to the best of your ability and perspective, what type of information do you need and what part of it is really crucial vs. “ornamental”?

Is there an actual due date to any of this? Your sense of pressure might be coming from wishing you could get all done immediately, all at the same time. This might be just a matter of perspective.