QA with David Allen webinar

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Here's a chance to ask David Allen your burning GTD questions. The April 17th webinar will be an open Q&A with David. We’re also taking question submissions ahead of time at connect@davidco.com.

Hope you all can make it!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
A few questions so far...

Thanks for your question submissions. There's still plenty of time to send them along to connect@davidco.com or post them here.

Two I have so far are:

1. Now that you have a deeper insight into how your brain takes in information, how has that changed your daily activities? Or has it?

2. I am interested in David's thoughts on introducing GTD within the household with varying levels of interest from the spouse.

What's your question for David? Send it along whether you'll be on the line or not.

Thanks.
Kelly

cwbell1414

Registered
next layer of the onion

Question for David:

Can you discuss some of the more subtler levels of GTD that people get to after a few years of practice and how to keep delving into deeper levels of GTD awareness?

Warmest regards,

Chris
Austin, TX

TesTeq

Registered
Question about honesty to yourself.

Question for David:

Isn't honesty to yourself the most important factor in successful implementation of the GTD methodology?

If for each item that grabs your attention you are not able to honestly answer the question: "What does it mean to me? What is the Next Action? What is the Successful Outcome?" or if your answer is false can you expect GTD to work for you?

larea

Registered
A question for David...

I would love to hear any experiences with people who keep a large inventory of someday maybes with how they do it and some best practices for reviewing a large volume of S/M.

vbampton

Administrator
A lot of people work from home now, so contexts don't mean as much, but a single '@home' list can become too big and repellent. How would David handle that kind of situation?

And how does he track recurring tasks? For example, the website database needs backing up 1 week after it was last done, or the oven needs cleaning every 3 months?

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Change to Your Own System

Question for David - what's the biggest or most recent change you've made to your own system and how did you think through and implement that change?

- Mark

norbertm

Registered
Hope this was recorded

I wanted to hear more about workflow dynamics or the daily grind in general I guess. I sent my question in email but I'm afraid it was super confusing and didn't make it onto your list.

Can't wait for this episode to show up in my podcast folder though!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi Norbert!

I think we did get to your question, if I'm not mistaken.

I just finished producing the file and will have it up by tonight. It's audio only because there were no visuals on this one.

Kelly

DenaDahilig

Registered
kelstarrising;98000 said:
It's audio only because there were no visuals on this one.

You mean that shot of Mr. Allen on his bike with the dog in the basket - and the non-existent padding on the bike seat, gasp, which makes him a much bolder man than I (if I were a man, of course) - is staying on the cutting room floor? Well, that's shame.

;-)

TesTeq

Registered
I would like to see this picture!

artsinaction;98019 said:
You mean that shot of Mr. Allen on his bike with the dog in the basket - and the non-existent padding on the bike seat, gasp, which makes him a much bolder man than I (if I were a man, of course) - is staying on the cutting room floor? Well, that's shame.

I would like to see this picture!

Kelly! Post it here, please!

vbampton

Administrator
Great webinar Kelly!

vbampton;97716 said:
A lot of people work from home now, so contexts don't mean as much, but a single '@home' list can become too big and repellent. How would David handle that kind of situation?

When I said contexts don't mean as much, I simply meant that most actions are available all of the time and are not limited by context. Like you Kelly (& Oogie!), I've been splitting them down into smaller groups to batch similar tasks, but wondered if I was over-complicating it or not.

Barb

Registered
Working at home

vbampton;98040 said:
Great webinar Kelly!

When I said contexts don't mean as much, I simply meant that most actions are available all of the time and are not limited by context. Like you Kelly (& Oogie!), I've been splitting them down into smaller groups to batch similar tasks, but wondered if I was over-complicating it or not.

I was really hoping for more insight and a "richer" answer from David on this one. It does often feel a context tweaking might help--but I never seem to be able to come up with anything better. When you work at home sometimes, the usual contexts are great but when you always work at home something just seems to be missing.

I was a great question, though!

vbampton

Administrator
Barb;98042 said:
It does often feel a context tweaking might help--but I never seem to be able to come up with anything better. When you work at home sometimes, the usual contexts are great but when you always work at home something just seems to be missing.

I'll start a separate thread and we'll bounce it around, swap a few contexts. With all the changes going on in my system right now, I'd love to hear a few of your ideas.

TesTeq

Registered
I would love to swap contexts with someone.

vbampton;98052 said:
I'll start a separate thread and we'll bounce it around, swap a few contexts.

I would love to swap contexts with someone. Literally. I have a work context with some hairy awful projects and actions that I would give. As a compensation I would like to receive a nice beach context with swimming & windsurfing projects and actions. :)

TesTeq

Registered
@windsurfing

Barb;98084 said:
How long until you'll be windsurfing again, TesTeq?

A windsurfing season begins at the Zegrze Lake (http://lsurf.pl/) near Warsaw today. Temperature is about 18C (64.4F) but there's no wind. And now it rains...

Attached files