Re-reading "Getting Things Done" by David and recharging my GTD system for 2021

georgemixon

Registered
My GTD personal GTD system is not where in should be. Over the past year it has slowly started to fall apart. I did a re-charge last September, but the re-charge didn't do much re-charging. Today, I got out my copy of "Getting Things Done", and started re-reading it. I figured that I might as well go "the source" and get back on track and start fresh. Will let you know how it goes.

mickdodge

Registered
The last two years I re-read "Getting Things Done" each November to refresh my practice, and to find the little gems of wisdom I had missed in previous readings (I always find something new each time). This past November I came across the "The Getting Things Done Workbook: 10 Moves to Stress-Free Productivity" at my local bookstore. It's like a lite version of the original book, and it's a much faster and more direct read. It was a great way to refresh my GTD practices this time around. I plan to read the workbook version on even years and the full original book on odd years. And yes... I added a recurring calendar event to remind me to read them each corresponding year. ;)
https://bookshop.org/books/the-getting-things-done-workbook-10-moves-to-stress-free-productivity

Side Note: The workbook could also be a great way to introduce family, friends, or co-workers to the GTD system without them feeling too overwhelmed by the full book.

georgemixon

Registered
Keep it simple. And add functionality only when you actually need it. I have made in total 4 restarts to my GTD practice. Every time simplified it.
Thanks for the comment. I am trying to do that very thing - to simplify and scale-down the process and system. Am reading the book slowly and letting GTD sink in again.

georgemixon

Registered
The last two years I re-read "Getting Things Done" each November to refresh my practice, and to find the little gems of wisdom I had missed in previous readings (I always find something new each time). This past November I came across the "The Getting Things Done Workbook: 10 Moves to Stress-Free Productivity" at my local bookstore. It's like a lite version of the original book, and it's a much faster and more direct read. It was a great way to refresh my GTD practices this time around. I plan to read the workbook version on even years and the full original book on odd years. And yes... I added a recurring calendar event to remind me to read them each corresponding year. ;)
https://bookshop.org/books/the-getting-things-done-workbook-10-moves-to-stress-free-productivity

Side Note: The workbook could also be a great way to introduce family, friends, or co-workers to the GTD system without them feeling too overwhelmed by the full book.
Thank you for the suggestion...good idea