• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Reading: what kind of NA is that?

Day Owl said:
CosmoGTD, you have ruined my future. With all the read and unread books still on my shelves, and now this link of which I was previously unaware, how in the world am I ever going to GanyTD?

This is why we all must sell everything and move to a log cabin, and read books until, as what happened to Don Quixote, our "brain dries up", then we shall begin chasing windmills.

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/ebooks/

http://gutenberg.net.au (this has some the US site does not have)

http://www.e-book.com.au/freebooks.htm
 
thanks, now I have options :razz:

I will think if a day-specific (read 5 pages) or hard landscape (2 hours per day) next action helps me finish this task :)

Best regards,

Eugene.
 
some GTD reading resources

This a great question - something that I've been pondering for a while. Currently I have "FYI" reading that goes into my "Read/Review" folder (which I carry everywhere for those spare moments, and "Must Read" material that is associated with an action (and possibly a project). It goes into either the associated project folder (if there is one), or into my "Action Support" folder (AKA "holding" or "pending" in other systems) otherwise. The reminder goes onto my @anywhere list. If necessary, I add a "safety net" entry in my calendar - day-specific information (last day to read xx before tomorrow's meeting), or I put an entry an hour before the meeting: Last chance to read xx.

A few more thoughts:

1) One of davidco's coaches passed this along: Their "best practice" for reading is to break it into three levels: Critical, FYI, and Someday/Maybe. I wasn't able to get much detail about using them - anyone else know about this?

2) The thread Getting Reading Done has a bunch of suggestions. Ditto for Magazines and other reading material.

Finally, I've written a few posts on the topic, for the interested: Reading Books The GTD Way and How to read a lot of books in a short time (general tips - not GTD-specific).

I'd love to hear others' tips!
 
Top