Recording of the Creating Positive Affirmations webinar is now available

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
We have posted the recording of Creating Positive Affirmations, which was presented live a few days ago.

Ana Maria Gonzalez and Marian Bateman talk about how valuable affirmations are as a tool for higher horizon visualization. They present specific keys for creating positive affirmations. They also discuss how to convert irrational beliefs into useful affirmations. And they show several of David Allen's own affirmations about his GTD practice.

Video with slides
https://gtdconnect.com/multimedia/video.php?titleid=873&trackid=1506

Audio only
https://gtdconnect.com/multimedia/audio.php?titleid=872&trackid=1505

References for further reading:
Rapt: Attention and the Focused Life, by Winnifred Gallagher
Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World, by Cal Newport
The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can't Stand Positive Thinking, by Oliver Burkeman
Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, by Albert Ellis and Debbie Joffe Ellis

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I just read a quote from Todd Brown: “Your projects list is a composite picture of the future you want to create.”

I think of my project titles as mini affirmations of what I want to be true when each project is complete. I don't add the emotional dynamism that was mentioned in the webinar, but several of the affirmation recommendations fit for good project titles.

Dave John

Registered
I just read a quote from Todd Brown: “Your projects list is a composite picture of the future you want to create.”

I think of my project titles as mini affirmations of what I want to be true when each project is complete. I don't add the emotional dynamism that was mentioned in the webinar, but several of the affirmation recommendations fit for good project titles.

I find that my list of personal projects is almost static month after month ... it's more like a someday/maybe list, a portrait of the life I wish I was living :(. Meanwhile, my work projects list keeps refreshing o_O.
I really like the idea of project titles as mini affirmations - that just might start some positive forward movement on the personal list :)

Dave John

Registered
We have posted the recording of Creating Positive Affirmations, which was presented live a few days ago.

Ana Maria Gonzalez and Marian Bateman talk about ..

REALLY enjoyed this recording, it was a great refresher to David's "Making change stick" webinar from years ago, with great personal touchs. I had listened to Marian quite a few times before, but this was my first time listening to a presentation by Ana Maria - very engaging style, very personable :).

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
REALLY enjoyed this recording, it was a great refresher to David's "Making change stick" webinar from years ago, with great personal touchs. I had listened to Marian quite a few times before, but this was my first time listening to a presentation by Ana Maria - very engaging style, very personable :).
I'm really glad you liked it. We're going to invite them to do more. Because they've both been doing and teaching GTD for many years, they have a wealth of stories and perspectives on every facet of the methodology.