• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Reference filing question

  • Thread starter Thread starter psychman
  • Start date Start date
P

psychman

Guest
Hey all,

Quick question. When you're preparing file folders do you use all one tab position or the mixture of left, center, and right. I ask because as I create folders they are in random order and so using all 3 positions of tabs gets messy. Any thoughts?
 
Hi,

Go with the straight cut! Do not bother with tabs at all. You can have nice long file names and do not get bogged down in the tab positioning dilemma.
 
Reference Filing System

I am also using the straight cut and I place all my labels starting at the far left side. I too like the fact that the file 'names' can be as long as I want! Plus, I am locked into legal size (all the office filing cabinets are legal) so I can even make them longer :lol:

Carol
 
Thanks for sharing. Amazing how something so simple can escape me! I'll go with the straight cut (so much cleaner than those tabs). Later all.
 
Top