Reference system involving larger items

manynothings

Registered
Hello,

Sometimes for projects, mainly those of "cleanup ___", I would have some larger items related to the project, such as maybe a chair or something like that. Technically, that would count as "project support material", however, where would I put that?

Thanks,

manynothings.

James M

Registered
Doesn't it fit in your In tray?

I usually append a note to the related task title, e.g. "Take wicker chair to Bob's house [IN GARAGE]"

Then it's captured and I don't need to make an effort to know where it is. And there's a reminder about it in my trusted system.

Oogiem

Registered
Technically, that would count as "project support material", however, where would I put that?
I get a lot of those. I have designated drop zones for large physical items of project support. They are located in each of the major areas/location where I generate that. A few of them I just note the current location in the note about the project or the action.

Example:
Project is to repair thea luminum irrigation pipe
Next Action is wire stabalizers to all the sprinkler riser connectors
Note on that action says (rebar for stabalizers at Juniper 2 next to the tank barn, use the fence wire in fence repair bucket in hay barn, Fence tool in garden bucket on back porch) etc.